Thursday 26 November 2009

A while back I bought a mirror in Ikea, with the idea of decorating the frame. Today I decided to go for it!

I started with two long strips of metal for the top and bottom and two pieces, about a third of the size, for the remaining space on the two sides. all the pieces were cut large enough to overlap the sides.Using my Cuttlebug I embossed the metal, being careful to line up the various pieces to give the impression of nine squares. I fixed the metal to the frame using Red Line tape and went around all the edges with a roller tool. Then came the Glimmer Mists; masking the sections not being sprayed, I sprayed the different sections with different colours.

It is hard to get a great picture because of the shine of the metal and the mirror, but hopefully these two give a good idea of what it looks like.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

wow love this hun its brilliant love the textures,love cheryl x

Nettie said...

what a great idea! beautifully done!