Sunday 22 November 2009

Accordion book

This morning I was feeling a bit off colour and was sitting reading some poetry. I came across 'The Cap and Bells' by W. B. Yeats, based on a dream he had. The theme of the jester led me to thinking I should use the poem in a piece of art. I remembered an accordion book I bought a while ago and this was the result:

To start, I sprayed the card with a variety of Glimmer Mists.

I printed out the poem and cut up the verses. I attached the title to the front page.

Once the Glimmer Mist had dried, I attached the verses of the poem to the card, one on each page.

I then stamped various floral stamps by Papermania around the verses.

I then highlighted the leaves, scrolls and flowers with Miracle Moonlight Gelly Roll pens.

This is what the book looks like standing up.

The book came in a tin, and so I decorated the lid with complementary coloured alcohol inks, adding the flower and gemstones as embellishments.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

this is beautifully decorated and love that verse,love the ink on the lid too hugs cheryl xxxx

Faye said...

Wow, Jackie! I would love to see this accordion book up close and personal! It is so beautiful.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your book and the poem are so lovely Jackie!
Reading poetry seems a very healing balm!