Saturday, 7 November 2009

Beeswax background

I was playing with beeswax this morning and had some left over, so I decided to make a collaged background with the remains.

I started with a piece of white card and tore up various pieces of tissue paper and a piece of text from an old dictionary. One by one I dipped them into the beeswax and placed them onto the white card, smoothing them out as I went along. The beeswax dries quite quickly so you have to work quite fast.

Once this background had set I scanned it, so I have a digital copy of it for future use. So watch this space, you might see it appear again! That done, I stamped the flowers in the upper right corner and added some embellishments. The jigsaw pieces are from an old puzzle; I painted them with magenta acrylic paint, stamped a flower pattern in black ink, and edged them with silver paint, lastly adding some dots with a Pearl Pen.

1 comment:

Some of my art