Friday 20 November 2009

Happy Birthday Art Creations Friday!

Art Creations Friday is one year old. To celebrate they gave us a picture of a woman to incorporate into our art. Here is my piece:

To start I printed the image of the lady onto acetate. To soften the edges of the acetate I gently burnt them over a flame from my hob (be careful doing this, as it produces fumes. I held it with tweezers). I then attached it to a softly patterned card with Glossy Accents.

I cut the shape of the house from foam board and applied Terra paint to the bottom right-hand corner. I stamped a Paper Artsy script stamp into it and heated it, which creates some bubbles. I painted this with burnt sienna and then raw umber paint. I then added the green paper, which I distressed with some brown paint, and the script paper, also distressed, and used a Tim Holtz stamp along the top left side of the roof. Pearl Pen copper dots added some texture. I attached both lots of twine with matte medium and then added the image of the lady, the charms and flower.

Double click on the picture to see some more detail.

25 comments:

Femmy said...

it's gorgeous!!!

daisy said...

It's totally gorgeous Jackie. Beautiful textures & layers. Luv it xx

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is wonderful.
Fabulous design.

vintage wil said...

Wonderful piece!fabulous design!!!

LivArtNow said...

Wow, I love those layers and the textures Jackie!! this is a wonderful house. Beautiful composition and choice of elements!! Love the rich colours too!! Well done!!

Linda

Yvonne said...

Beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing the process.

Faye said...

Jackie, after reading the description of all you had done to do your entry, I had to enlarge it, for sure. I am so glad I did. This is truly stunning! A real work of art. The hard work you put in makes this a keepsake.

Nettie said...

Great work Jackie, you put such a lot into what you do, I feel tired reading about it! lol. Don't think I'll be holding anything over flames as I would be liable to burn down the house! but well done for you. Have a good weekend, Nettie xx

indybev said...

It's obvious you put a lot of work into this lovely piece, Jackie. Well done!

Debby said...

Hi Jackie,
Your piece is really beautiful.
Debby

AliMayes said...

What a fabulous background! I don't think I'd dare hold acetate over the hob but it gives a marvellous result. All in all, a beautiful creation!

pepeetje said...

it,s beautiful :-)

Char said...

Your house is gorgeous. Fantastic job.

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Very great idea.
Love your beautiful creation.

Unknown said...

Great job Jackie, I love it, a gorgeous piece!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Elizabeth Golden said...

Just gorgeous. I hope everyone is clicking on this to see all the details you have put on this.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I love how you have presented this beauty in your house template theme! Beautifully done, Jackie!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

gorgeous! She looks fabulous on acetate, too. Love the shape of your arch as well.

Kris Dickinson said...

An absolute stunner! WOW!

lorhen82 said...

Jackie, this is stunning! I love your use of acetate. ~Lori

me again said...

Worth every minute you spent on it....gorgeous!
==lennie==

joy said...

I love your description of how you did this piece, Jackie! So many details to take in - very nice work!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Gorgeous creation, the close ups are fantastic!!!

iReneM said...

Oh my!!
This is fantastic :-)

x