Sunday 15 November 2009

Mini book 2

So, what else did I make with my chandelier masterboard? A mini book, similar to the one I made at The ArtsyCrafts weekend (see Mini Book post on 26th October).

I started by accordion folding a 10 inch long piece of my masterboard into four. Once folded I drew on the shape of an arch using the chipboard arch (which is 2.5 inches wide) as a template. I then cut out the arch, ensuring to only cut down part way at the edges so that the arches would all be joined. I then cut two more arches in the same way. I put these aside for a while.

Next I decorated the front and back of the book, the two chipboard arches. After painting them with turquoise acrylic paint and letting them dry, I sprayed them with purple pansy and iridescent gold Glimmer Mists. After this had dried, I decorated them with Paper Artsy stamps and added faux stitching to the front arch.

I stuck the two arches to the back of the two middle arches of the folded set of four, making sure the book still folded properly. On the two blank arches I stuck the two decorated chipboard arches to form the front and back covers.

Once complete, I added some embellishments to the inside pages, which you can see below.

Here is a view of the back pages.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

gorgeous! have to make an accordian book sometime, the masterboard is very impressive!

cheryl said...

this is great love it fab masterboard too love cheryl x