Monday 23 November 2009

Plaque

This plaque is 5 x 5 inches (more or less), the basis of which is the back of sketchbook I had finished. The strip of metal was left over from another project and I embossed it using a Ten Seconds Studio board. Having stuck down some patterned card in the top right corner, I added Terra to the lower corner but this time, instead of smoothing it and stamping into it, I just left a rough texture and dried it with my heat gun to make it bubble in places. I dabbed it with raw umber acrylic paint and let this dry. Masking the card with some scrap paper, I then spritzed the Terra and metal with wild currant Glimmer Mist. The flowers and gemstones were the finishing touches.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

absolutely gorgeous Jackie! I cannot wait to get my hands on some of these paints ;o) wonderful work, also cannot wait to see what you come up with for RRA! hugs x