Tuesday 3 November 2009

Wall hanging

Whilst at the ArtsyCrafts weekend I bought an undecorated wall hanging, consisting of three plain wooden frames attached together with rings. So today I decided it was time to decorate it. I notice that Leandra Franich has decorated the same hanging in her article in Craft Stamper this month, we both used Croco paint on the frames, but there the similarity ends.

Having removed all the rings etc, I painted a thick layer of silver Croco paint on the front of the frames and left them overnight to crackle. To give the frames a bit more dimension I applied some black acrylic paint over the crackled area and then rubbed it off again. I painted the remaining exposed areas of wood with silver Krylon pen. Next, I applied gesso to three chipboard squares that, fortunately for me, just happened to fit the frames. Once these had dried I dabbed on blue lagoon Viva Precious metal paint and, again once dry, over stamped them with a flower design in black Stazon ink.

Next came the embellishments. These are all pre-cut designs of Grungeboard. Excepting the butterfly, which I painted pink, I coloured them all with pearl blue Precious Metal paint and afterwards painted the edges with silver paint added silver highlights and wild current Glimmer Mist. I heated them to make the Grungeboard curl and give the flowers some dimension. As a final detail, I added pink metallic brads to the centre of the flowers. I attached all the embellishments to the chipboard backgrounds with Glossy Accents and reattached the frames to each other with the rings. Done!

3 comments:

Bluepoppyfield said...

Nice work - see you haven't wasted your last day of holiday!

Nettie said...

Oh! it is gorgeous! and thankyou: I have been looking for a different crackle paint as I am not keen on the Ranger ones, this one you've used is magnificent so it will go right on my shopping list! beautiful hanging ;o)

cheryl said...

I have just poped over hear from Netties blog as she has become a dear frined of mine,would just like to say really love your work and your style its just brilliant,this is such a stunning wall hanger love cheryl xxxxx