Tuesday 3 November 2009

Small plaque 3

Here is my third small plaque. This time I decided to use pink, a colour I wouldn't normally choose.

Again, I started by moulding a strip of metal using a TSS (Ten Seconds Studio) mould and tools. The metal is aluminium and comes in a roll, silver one side and copper the other. I used the silver side for this project. I stuck the moulded metal to one side of my chipboard square and decorated the outside edges with a patterned roller tool (called a 'scoochy tool' by Leandra from Paper Artsy!). Then came the steel Viva Ferro Paint, which I applied onto the rest of the chipboard, overlapping the metal slightly to eliminate any raw edges, and then stamped into it using a damp Tim Holtz stamp (the water helps release the stamp from the paint). Once this was dry I swiped some black acrylic paint paint over both the Ferro and the metal, but once it had dried a little I rubbed most of it off the metal leaving just enough behind to give an antique look. I used Viva Precious Metal blackberry and Stewart Gill Byzantine laurelius paint to add the pink and green metallic colours.

The butterfly is made of Grungeboard and is a pre-cut shape. I painted it with black acrylic paint and added some dabs of the metallic paints. As a final decoration I added the faux gemstones.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

this is wonderful Jackie, I just love what you do with metal ;o) so pleased you're joining us. Nettie xx