Tuesday, 30 October 2012
Sunday, 28 October 2012
Saturday, 27 October 2012
Friday, 26 October 2012
A couple of years back I did a free course with Willowing Arts, using a children's board book. I may have posted my first page, but I never posted the second. Well, they both are.
Posted by Jackie at Friday, October 26, 2012
Thursday, 25 October 2012
Tuesday, 23 October 2012
I started this page by stamping various images on it. I added the Artists' Spackle for texture and then, when dry, sprayed the page with various colours of ink. The flower was stamped onto tissue paper and then glued onto the page, over the spackle.
Posted by Jackie at Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Monday, 22 October 2012
Sunday, 21 October 2012
Saturday, 20 October 2012
Thursday, 18 October 2012
Wednesday, 17 October 2012
The background of this page started with acrylic paints. Artists' Spackle was then scraped through a stencil and once dry coloured with spray ink. The collage, photo and stamps were then added.
Posted by Jackie at Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Monday, 15 October 2012
Sunday, 14 October 2012
Saturday, 13 October 2012
Friday, 12 October 2012
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
Monday, 8 October 2012
Sunday, 7 October 2012
Saturday, 6 October 2012
Friday, 5 October 2012
This journal page is similar to 'sad' (see my post on 22nd September), but this time I used the face stencil (see yesterday) to make it an altogether much happier page! The background was created with Dylusions spray inks and the round stamps you can see in the background are my first attempt at carving my own stamps. I stamped them with white, blue and black ink.
Posted by Jackie at Friday, October 05, 2012
Thursday, 4 October 2012
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
I recently bought some giant tags, approx. 5 x 12 inches, and so I decided to use one of them to make a 'canvas', using my Lynne Perrella stamps (from Paper Artsy). I had an old piece of plywood hanging around so I decided to use this as my substrate. I covered the face of the board with dark brown paper and then set it aside to dry.
I added the large stamp to the tag and then masked it and added the background stamps in different colours. I then used Pan Pastels to colour the tag, and coloured the stamp using Distress Inks and a water-brush. I cut the tag to make it a bit shorter. Then I spent quite a bit of time making or altering the various embellishments and added these to the tag. I layered the tag onto pieces of scrunched up glassine paper, an oblong of ripped card and then the brown background, having previously edged them with aquamarine Treasure Gold.I hope you like it.
Posted by Jackie at Tuesday, October 02, 2012