Friday 20 November 2009

Recycling!

These are two ATCs that I made this afternoon. The backgrounds are made from scrap paper that sits in the bottom of the box I use for spraying projects. I nearly threw it away until I realised I could use it in its own right. The metal plaques in the centre are cut from an aluminium tray that once held Chicken Kiev! I put them through my Cuttlebug and then sprayed Glimmer Mist on them. I made the silver frames with my new toy, a hot glue gun. Once the glue had set I rubbed it with a silver lustre to make it pop. I edged the ATCs with silver Krylon to complement the frames.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

I like nothing better than re-cycling, don't you laugh at the way us crafters eye everything with a view to altering, makes for never a dull moment;o) along with the times of course when we buy something because we want the box/packet/ lid whatever!!

Limarea said...

Really love the idea behind this, and it turned out beautifully!! :)

Carol said...

Hi Jackie!
Came here to see your Three Muses "Keys" entry and found this!
They call it upcycling now, don't they? ;)
Fantastic!
juno
xx
Juno's Place

libbyquilter said...

wonderful and i'm now considering the use of metals a whole lot more seriously~!!~ love the embossed look of these~!~

:)
libbyQ