Thursday, 12 August 2010

Playing with Lutradur


To make this I coloured the Lutradur with diluted Dye-na-Flow inks. After leaving a while to dry, I cut the dyed Lutradur into two and transferred three birds onto one half using matte medium. Once again, this had to be left for quite a while to dry. I then used my heat gun to fuse the two pieces together. The Lutradur disintegrates in the heat, whilst the areas where the matte medium was applied remained unscathed. 

I can see I am going to have to do some more experiments!

3 comments:

Colette said...

I think this looks stunning, I love the bluey/green colours. I love the way the heat melted it in parts gives great texture,

Colette x.

Deborah said...

Wonderful effect, Jackie!

Nettie said...

what a lovely technique! you can do a similar thing with fabrics using soluble medium, embroider or whatever then soak to create something beautiful, just as you have done here ;o)

Some of my art