Thursday 31 December 2009

As presents have now been opened I can show some of the gifts I made for family and friends!

The first is a wooden tag that I decorated with metal, and Ferro and Terra texture paints that I stamped into. I applied metallic paints over the stamped areas and alcohol ink onto the embossed metal letters. The flowers are also metal - I stamped them in StazOn, cut them out and sprayed them with Glimmer Mists.

For the second piece, I painted the frame with acrylic paint and Glimmer Mist. I used similar techniques on the canvas as I used on the tag.

The third item is a photo frame. I embossed metal and stuck it onto the frame. I lightly sanded the raised areas to expose some of the silver and, once again, I used Glimmer Mists to take away some of the shine and give some depth. The flower is made of Grungepaper, also coloured with Glimmer Mists and edged with a gold Krylon pen.

3 comments:

Nettie said...

WELL!!! all that I can say is: lucky friends and family! what wonderful pieces of artwork, tremendous! Happy New Year Jackie, so very pleased I discovered your blog! {hugs} Nettie xx

WendyK said...

They are all fabulous Jackie, love all the metal work, and the colours. Lovely gifts.
Hope you have a super New Year

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow...what a beautiful metal decoration and I love the owl and the frame.
It's really lovely gifts.
Happy New Year, Jackie.