Wednesday 23 September 2009

This is my interpretation of the theme 'windows', the Three Muses' challenge for this week .

I used two photos that I took on holiday in Yorkshire - one of an old building we visited and the other a window in a castle. I applied the picture of the window over the second image. Having previously erased the backgrounds from the pictures of the two women, I scaled them to the appropriate sizes, to make it seeem that the one woman was looking out of the window and the other coming towards it. Finally, I changed all the colours and manipulated the image to give the feel of a poster.

Hope you like it!

12 comments:

indybev said...

So interesting what you created from the two photos and a little manipulation. Very creative and well done! Thanks for joining the challenge.

Jayne said...

This is cool,love the effect you achieved!!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful work- I love the antique look to the finished piece and the blending of the photos is excellent!

Terri Daugherty said...

nicely done!

Femmy said...

fantastic!!

Judy said...

You've created an amazing effect here, Jackie, has a wee bit of mystery about - who is watching who!!!!

Taluula said...

I love that you've used photos here and manipulated them to create a an interesting window scene Jackie. It's beautiful and I also have to congratulate you on your layering and blending. Wonderful.

Eila A said...

What an elegant collage! You have manipulated the images very cleverly, the result is a beautiful work of art.

LivArtNow said...

Wow, love your composition!! Brilliant piece and very beautiful too!!

Linda

Ozstuff said...

What a great idea to combine two original photos to make such an exquisite picture. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your description of the steps you took to achieve it. I love this a lot!!

José said...

This is very beautiful! Love the colors. It's like a picture from a novel. I'm curious about the story.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is beautiful! I like the colors/affects and the woman.