Monday 21 September 2009

Petit doll

Remember those scary faces (well my sister thought they were scary) I posted at the beginning of September? Well, I thought I would show you how I have progressed. I kept practising the faces and then practised shading them with PrismaColor pencils. I eventually ended up with a few dolls that I was happy with.

Today I made this background using collage and acrylic paint.

I then pasted on my doll using matte medium.

Clearly, at this time she appeared very flat so I started to add some dimension and depth with pencils and paints.

Then decorations, colouring the edges and more depth & dimension.

She's still not finished. I shall probably do some more work on her before the final stage of beeswax, but I am pleased with the progress I have made.

Remember those scary faces ......

1 comment: