Sunday 20 September 2009

Gypsy - Sunday Postcard Art

Here is my entry for the 'gypsy' challenge set by Sunday Postcard Art.

Although it looks simple it actually took a long time to put together. It was created digitally. To start I erased the background from the photo of the gypsy . I then put her in an oval frame. This image was then placed over the rose background and darkened. Some of the script was appearing across her face, so I erased it. As a final touch, I added the lace frame, coloured it cream and cut the surplus edges.

Apologies! Both the gypsy image and the rose background were freebies I have acquired, but failed to note where from. Let me know & I will add an acknowledgement.

12 comments:

Mandy Chilvers said...

beautiful vintage looking postcard. thank you for playing

Willy said...

Fabulous postcard!

Judy said...

Lovely colours & vintage feel, the lace gives it a special finishing touch!

Martina said...

This is incredible, Jackie! I love everything about it.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Your postcard is beautiful and full of emotion!
It would take me forever to do anything digital (not there yet) so I definitely appreciate what time must have gone into your creation :)

Terri Daugherty said...

this is amazing! i had to really look at it because it looks just like real lace on your card. bravo to you....she's stunning!

indybev said...

I love the subtle dainty femininity of the background for your gypsy image. Very well done!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

She's lovely!

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful soft vintage postcard - I love your gypsy image!

Betty said...

Love your digital creation.

Rhonda said...

This is a lovely gypsy postcard. Cheers!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Nice! So soft and feminine - I like the lace.