Saturday 18 July 2009

Stampbord

Stampbord is a 3mm thick board, covered in a smooth white stamping surface. I bought some in a sale ages ago but until now had not used it. So, this was another experiment.

I covered the board with three shades of alcohol ink. Once dry I then stamped the Tim Holtz image using black Stazon ink. Using a scratch knife, I scratched the white shadow around the stamped image. The scratch knife scratches away the layer of alcohol ink revealing the original white surface underneath. Using the same method I then added the decoration around the sides and once complete drew on the black lines. To finish, I applied silver Krylon ink to the edges of the Stampbord, it is just possible to see this at the bottom of the picture.

I was quite pleased with this for a first attempt.

No comments: