Saturday 16 May 2009

Variety of techniques

The thing I like about card-making is the variety of techniques that can be used. Take these cards for example. The top left card is an image stamped and coloured with water-colour pencils. I then glazed the dogs' noses with Glossy Accents. The image was then matted & layered. The birthday card underneath uses a medallion stamp i.e. an image stamped three times and layered onto top of each other after cutting a decreasing amount of the image each time. This was then layered on to card and a length of ribbon, to give more texture. Peel-offs were used for the greeting. The middle card uses a sticker mounted onto card, then placed onto a background of torn paper. Again, a peel-off was used for the greeting. The card at the bottom came from a kit I bought from QVC. It was already embossed and so I applied gold-leaf to the raised areas around the aperture and in the corner. I took out the aperture and inserted vellum inside. I then stuck the picture of the little girl through the aperture onto the vellum. The bow gives added dimension and texture.

No comments: