Monday, 1 April 2013

Surface experiments

A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate to attend three classes with Dina Wakley: surface experiments; silhouettes and faces. Over the next couple of weeks I will post some of the things I made.

In the first class we created some 'tiles'. These were wooden squares, prepped with plaster and then covered with gesso. We then did various things to them.

For this first one I applied acrylic paint and scraped patterns into it. I then covered it with melted beeswax, did some more scraping and added some more paint.

For this second I applied acrylic paint and then added layers of stamped tissue paper with matte medium. Then came the circles of acrylic paint and a layer of beeswax. I then added a focal image (the face), also on tissue paper, by layering it on with beeswax.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hun,just brilliant gosh really missed your wonderful art work hun,these are amazing love that ladys,face hugs Cherylxxxx

April Cole said...

Oh my!!!!
"LUCKY GAL!"
How wonderful, Jackie!! :]

** lovely pieces of work **

These look terrific... what fun, melting beeswax!
Thank you for sharing. ~xx

Deborah said...

You lucky thing, Jackie (not envious much lol). You obviously paid attention in class - they are fab!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two fantastic creations.

Craftychris said...

these are brilliant and your class must have been amazing! xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I love your experiments Jackie.. I bought the plaster studio book in german and plaster of paris also..but I will still wait for summer to do experiments outside..lol!

AWESOME all your surface treatments! GREAT!

missy k said...

Lucky you attending an ACTUAL class rather than on line...

Great to see what you did....

Karen x

Some of my art