Monday 30 May 2011

Believe

A piece of art, in my large journal, inspired by the sermon at our church yesterday.


I started by spraying the page with blue, purple and orange Dylusions sprays. Then came the greens. These layers were then softened with a layer of gesso. Next came some stencilling (you can see the numbers at the top and the circles in the lower right corner; the flowers are less obvious!). I stuck on bits of a serviette with a music motif and, once dry, stamped on 'dance' three times. Next, I drew the heart, painted it and edged it with charcoal. I then lightly sprayed it with iridescent gold Glimmer Mist (you might see the shine if you enlarge the picture - double-click on the heart). To finish I added the words and swirls.

2 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Beautiful work Jackie. I did enlarge and could see more of the detail. So many layers ... such depth! penny

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Really wonderful, love the colors.