Saturday 15 January 2011

It's a wrap


The first GPP Street Team kicks off the year by introducing a series of evidence journalling, pages that record something of significance or serve as a reminder of something one may wish to recall. In the first crusade we have to document evidence of Christmas with wrapping paper and tags etc. Michelle suggests that we record the presents we gave and received. This is how my page ended up.


I made the background by tearing strips of wrapping paper, adding squares of a different, very thin Christmas paper and edging them with gold. I created a pocket using a piece of acetate that I printed on and painted with gold paint. Into it I put two tags that I made a while ago. Onto the back of one I detailed presents I gave at Christmas and on the other presents I received.

17 comments:

michelle ward said...

jackie - what a handsome page! love the gold edges on your papers. it really adds to the festiveness of the page, and recals the glory of the holiday. the transparency window attached with the decorative tape is is a great place to tuck away those lists. terrific! thanks for sharing with the team!

Elena and Russ said...

Wonderful page, Jackie!
Love the idea of making transparent pockets.

Elena

Anonymous said...

Great page. Somehow, just having a pocket makes you want to look inside.

Kari Desi said...

Cute page, Jackie. Lovely tags and love the gold on the pocket.

goudenregen said...

Love the pocket, how clever of you to print on the acetate.The torn edges of the christmas paper look great. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

beautiful page! you got some great christmas papers

Lena said...

Lovely wrappage! I love the stamped pocket and the golden edges.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic idea using wrapping paper stripes.

Melanie said...

I really love your acetate pocket and that decorative tape is so pretty! Great page!

K J D said...

Love your page, the tags are great. Is that decorated masking tape I spy? I have just ordered myself some of that!!!! :)

Karen

jgr said...

Lovely page!! and the printed acetate pocket is so cool! You really captured the festive atmosphere of the day.

Gez Butterworth said...

Great page Jackie & a lovely keepsake too. I've had a lovely catch up with your super creations. Hope you are well. Best wishes Gez.xx

*jean* said...

so festive and pretty! i love the taped pocket!

Michelle said...

Love the acetate pocket and swirls.

linda said...

Visiting all the crusaders and your page is fabulous - very festive and that acetate pocket is very cool! Nice touch!

TJ said...

Ooh I love the red and green striped background. It looks like it would be fun to journal in those lines!! Best wishes from germany, tj

Mescrap said...

Love the strips paper ...just awesome. And the transparent pocket make the page outstanding.