Tuesday 11 January 2011

Figures - a collage


I started this piece by pasting scraps of paper and napkins onto a sheet of card. As you can see, some of the scraps had figures sprayed onto them using a stencil. I applied a light wash of acrylic paint over the piece and sprayed it with graphite Glimmer Mist to create some cohesion. To give a focal point, I drew around the stencil with a pencil and then went over the lines with Tulip silver dimensional paint to create the main figure. I added the 6 lines and the little gems to finish it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great collage and very unusual too. Love the figures and the way you brought it all together
hugs June x

cheryl said...

great collage hun love the figures you have used on this,hugs cheryl xxx

Unknown said...

This is just lovely - and very intriguing.

I just love the textures and colours

johanna said...

LOVE that collage!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, fantastic collage. Love it.