Monday 22 March 2010

Backgrounds

A couple of days ago I played around with some newspaper and acrylic paints, the end result of which was these backgrounds.


The first step was to glue the newspaper to an A4 piece of card using matte medium. The wrinkles in the newspaper give the pieces some texture. Once dry, I mixed some acrylic paint with Golden Liquid Glazing (satin) so that the paint would be transparent. I then painted several layers of different colours over the newsprint, waiting for each layer to dry before applying the next. In some instances I wiped off some of the paint with a damp paper towel, to help the paint blend with the previous layers.

3 comments:

Nettie said...

fabulous papers you've made there and cannot wait to see what you use them for ;o))

Ruth G said...

I love these colours!!

Alicia1008 said...

what a great work!!!
I love these fantastic colours