Monday 12 October 2009

Black Birds

I created this piece in response to Sunday Postcard Art's challenge.

The 4 x 6 inch background is by iTkUpiLLi. Onto this I stamped an arc and the word 'bird' several times. I then stamped a blackbird so it appears to be standing on one of the words and glued on a larger bird onto one of the lower words. In the top right-hand corner I collaged a piece of grey and white napkin, over which I added a ticket. I darkened this using Distress Ink. To finish I added some black peel-offs to three of the corners and filled in the gaps with faux stitching.

All the stamps are by Paper Artsy.

7 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

This gorgeous card has luscious details! Beautiful work! Hugs, Terri

Cindy McMath said...

This is beautiful - love the dark colours. I love the mystery of the ticket...admission to what? Looks like something spooky and fun.

Cindy :)

Martina said...

Stunning mysterious postcard.
Looks fantastic.

VS said...

Jackie, Lovely card & thanks for sharing it with me! :)

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous

Bluepoppyfield said...

Check my blog out please. :-)

vintage wil said...

What a gorgeous piece!!!