Saturday, 13 June 2009

Experimental masterboard and graphics

Since starting my own blog I have been visiting the blogs of many others. Many I look at with great admiration. There is so much talent and I have gained so much inspiration - thank you. Ones that have intrigued me have been those that create digital collage or manipulate their art digitally.
My metatarsalalgia (very painful foot!) has come back, and so I am trying to avoid walking (not very easy) and so this seemed a great excuse for sitting at the computer.
Also, I have recently come across the magazine 'Stampers' Sampler', an American magazine that is far superior to the majority of our English ones, and in it they talked about a masterboard. If I understand correctly, the idea is to make a background, scan it and then it can be printed and used for further projects. So I decided to give it a go!
The first picture shows my scanned masterboard - made from strips of paper glued onto an A4 sheet. Gesso & acrylic paint applied in blotches. Once dry, I stamped added some images using Tim Holtz stamps.
Then I started to digitally manipulate my masterboard. All the images you see, except the first, have been digitally manipulated. You can see that I added some digital images of leaves, and then started playing with colour and texture. The penultimate picture shows a kaleidoscope view, which it is hard to believe comes from my original masterboard. The one I am most pleased with is the one with the digital image of the ballerina (from an iTkUpiLLi) added. I added it after I had changed the background by using the 'topographical' effect.
What do you think?
I have yet to use any of my backgrounds for a new project, that is the next step. Watch this space!

1 comment:

veronica said...

like these - esp the very dark one. digital fiddling is not my scene (due to ignorance mainly) but admire thiose who can do it and end up with results like these

Some of my art