Saturday 18 June 2011

Printer's tray


Whilst on holiday I found a craft shop that was selling printer's trays half price. I had often looked at them but resisted getting one because of the price, but this was too good an opportunity!

The metal backgrounds were made using coloured metal sheets, embossing them with Ten Seconds Studio moulds and swiping alcohol ink over them to remove the original colour and add that of the alcohol ink.The bird was die-cut and decorated using the same method. The word 'art' was made from Grungeboard sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I attached the elements using matte medium. I coloured the little porcelain doll with alcohol ink and Glimmer Mist.

Double-click on the picture to see the details.

6 comments:

K J D said...

Jackie this is totally gorgeous..... I bet you are so glad you didn't resist! I love the green tones

Karen :)

Nan said...

This turned out beautifully...very inspiring. I have been putting off working on my tray but
think I'll go get it out and give it a go! Thanks! :) Nan

Sandra Hall said...

You picked up a great bargain there Jackie... and you certainly put it to good use - the tray looks amazing - love how you changed the porcelain doll :D x

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Jackie
formidavel trabalho!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, I'm missing words, just a fantastic piece of art, so wonderful.

Sandra Foster said...

Hi Jackie! This is wonderful - I just love it. Like the muted look. I have always wanted to do one of these. Sandra