Friday 24 December 2010

Memory box

I finished this a couple of weeks ago, but I hadn't been able to take a photo of it until now because the light has been so poor!

It started out as a plain brown papier mache box, 12 x 12 inches.

I started by gluing crumpled brown paper onto the lid, to give some texture. I primed the entire box with gesso and then painted it with acrylic paint. Then it started getting interesting, first adding the collage and then using various colours of acrylic and metallic paints to give it a shabby chic look. To finish I added the picture and lined the inside base. Hope you like it!



5 comments:

Martina said...

Jackie, this box is beautiful and artistic. Standing ovation from me:-)

Merry Christmas to you and yours and a Happy New Year!

Junibears said...

Dear Jackie, you've left it a little late to send it to me for Christmas!!
LOL!! Seriously, it's seriously beautiful! I love pretty boxes. I have one begging me to do something with it to make it look pretty.
Big Hugs
xx

cheryl said...

this is just amazing hun,so beautiful,
wishing you and your family a wonderful xmas too hun,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Sandra Foster said...

Jackie, this is so nice. I love how the sheet music just peeks thru. Sandra

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, your box is breathtaking.