Sunday 13 June 2010

Study in pink - Venus

When I was young I loved the colour pink. Now, I would rarely think of wearing it or using it in my art so I thought I would set myself a challenge. This is the end result.


I still don't think pink is 'me', but I guess it's not bad.

I started out with a piece of thick cardboard onto which I painted a layer of gesso. Then I stuck on a snippet of text and stamped text at right angles to it on the opposite side. After sticking on the image of the woman, out came my paints and, when I had mixed various shades of pink, I started adding some colour to the piece. I used a stencil to paint the word 'Venus'. I outlined various edges with grey, black and /or olive green. To set the piece off I added the tickets and flower. My pink collage!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow, I really like this. Pink really suits you art-wise Jackie.