Tuesday 28 September 2010

Distress and sand

No, I'm not upset because I've been near a beach! These are the techniques Simon Says Stamp and Show want us to use this week. So I have set to and this is the result.

I started with a piece of corrugated cardboard. I lightly sanded it and distressed the edges. I swiped Vintage Photo Distress ink over both and then sprayed some Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist over it to colour some of the grooves. (Tip: I then stamped the excess off the corrugated cardboard onto a piece of scrap paper. This produces a great striped pattern that can be used at a later date.) I took two pieces of thickish orange paper and embossed them using my Texture Fades. Once again I sanded the surface, distressed the edges and added Distress ink. I took two more pieces of card - one from Tim Holt's Lost & Found Stack and the other a Paper Whimsy Image - and distressed the edges of these as well. I crumpled the one with the boy, straightened it out again and then swiped Distress Ink over it to make it look even more distressed. Just before assembling, I coloured a piece of lace with Leather Glimmer Mist and assembled a flower, both to give additional interest to the final piece.

7 comments:

Kat said...

I can't belive it, am I first to comment, I'm never first, how fab, anyway back to the comment,
Wow I love your art work, It rock's
that's a cute image,Love the colours,
well done you,
Kathleen

cheryl said...

oh wow hun really love your work that cardboard is so effective,the colors are so effective too hugs cheryl xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Amazing detail Jackie. The image is just perfect.xx

kim x said...

I love your distressed corrugated card Jackie. All the elements work beautifully together. Such a cute image too.
Kim x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty lace and flowers!! I LOVE that corrugated paper too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Unknown said...

This is really lovely Jackie ... so many different elements ... and they all look so good together ... Thanks for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week.

Lynne Forsythe said...

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE...THIS!! A thing of beauty!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!