Thursday 8 July 2010

Shabby chic canvas

I made this 4 x 4 inch piece using a technique I found on Tim Holtz's blog. To start I glued the heart and wings, both made from Grunge Board, onto the canvas using Glossy Accents. Once dry, I used matte medium to stick on the dictionary pages over the whole piece, gently pushing the paper around the Grunge Board shapes. Once this was completely dry I applied various colours of Distress Inks to both the shapes and the background. I stamped on the birds and then added the metal ornaments, again using Glossy Accents.

3 comments:

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Jackie, I love this fantastic shabby canvas creation.
I see the details , the background, the heart, the wings, and yes...it's really beautiful.

Martina said...

Jackie, this is fantastic! What a great inspiration piece!

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is the third time ive heard about this technique in the last few days and it looks fantastic. I really MUST go take a look. not that i have any chipboard shapes but i am prepared to improvise. this is a lovely piece of work...