Saturday 17 July 2010

Altered Pringles lid


I was just about to throw this Pringles lid away, when I thought surely I can use this for something! Well, it turns out I could, and did!

First I cut out a circle of stiff paper and then stamped the watch onto it. I then slotted this into the lid - it didn't need any glue as the grooves held it in place. I applied a dark alcohol ink around the edges of the lid to remove the whiteness. I made the flower from Grunge Paper and stuck on the embellishments (mostly Tim Holtz) with Glossy Acccents.

I am now very glad I didn't throw that lid away!

7 comments:

Marnie Blum said...

Great reuse...very nice work!

Sue said...

What a brilliant idea, when I think of how many I threw away last Christmas lol x

Debra said...

Jackie that's fantastic! What a brilliant, simple idea for reusing everyday stuff. Thanks for your lovely comment on my GPP post too!

Deborah said...

I just threw a Pringles lid away - pooh! Looks fab, Jackie.

Chris Arlington said...

Fantastic1 very creative1

thekathrynwheel said...

This is so cool. I need to eat more Pringles!!

Junibears said...

Love your work again. xx